Monday, December 16, 2013

Airport adventures



Note this is another post written back in August. 

Today was a very interesting morning and its only 10am. I've been told that flights through the capital are chaotic and the team I'm working with hates travel through there but for me it is worth it to see my fiancée (and it also benefits the team as I’m the first to volunteer for this flight if someone needs to go). My arrival to the capital was to a very congested airport but that was expected and I dealt with it (though I did manage to accidentally go through the process backwards…. It actually was pretty handy as the lines were much shorter this way J ).
My flight out brought a whole new meaning to the word confusion and now I better understand why my team avoids this airport. My fiancée dropped me off at the airport and I went through the standard security screening and checking in. Again it was very confusing and congested but I actually did it in the right order this time. After waiting for about an hour at the "gate", my flight was called so I lined up and boarded the bus to go to the plane. Once we were all settled in the bus and the door was closed, the official announced that my flight was cancelled but they were still going ½ way to another town (this town was a stop on the original itinerary). At first I thought it was some sort of joke but some other guy up front got all upset and the official confirmed that it indeed was cancelled. So there I sat wondering what happens now. I wasn't interested in going to the other location but it appeared that I was headed there anyways. We all got off the bus at the plane and most people started grabbing their luggage to board the plane except those of us wanting to go to the cancelled location. I grabbed my stuff and asked the guy what to do next and was told my portion of the flight was cancelled and it was only going to the first town - no other explanation. Soon after my bag was put on a truck and I was directed back to the bus to return to the terminal for which I was very thankful. As crazy as the morning was, I was totally happy that I could stay an extra day in the capital with my fiancée and  my flight was rebooked for the next day. And yes I did fly out the next day J

No comments:

Post a Comment